Part Number Description:
5812-54X-O-AC-B-US 48-Port 10G SFP+ with 6x40G QSFP uplinks, ONIE software installer,Trident II+ with Intel Atom CPU, dual AC PSUs, power-to-port airflow, N. America. 3-year Hardware Warranty
The Edgecore AS5812-54X switch meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of enterprise and cloud data centers. The AS5812-54X provides full line-rate switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10GbE ports and 6 x 40GbE uplinks. The switch can be deployed either as a Top-of-Rack switch, or as part of a 10GbE or 40GbE distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-Clos data center fabric. The switch is rack mountable in either a standard 19 inch rack, or with the Open Rack Switch Adapter in the 21 inch Open Rack. The AS5812-54X hardware provides the high availability features required for data center operation, including; redundant, hot-swappable AC or -48 VDC PSUs or 12 VDC power input; fan with 4+1 redundant fan modules; and port-to-power or power-to-port airflow options. The AS5812-54X is an ideal Top-of-Rack switch for virtualized data centers, with its support of VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling functions in hardware.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center fabric.
- 48 x SFP+ switch ports, supporting 10GbE (DAC, 10GBASE-SR/LR) or 1GbE (1000BASE-T/SX/LX).
- 6 x 40 QSFP switch ports, each supporting 40GbE (DAC, 40GBASE-SR4/LR4) or 4 x 10GbE (DAC or fiber breakout cable).
- Port Grouping to group 4 x 10G ports into one 40G port at the physical layer for maximum bandwidth utilization, and for 300 optical reach over MMF (Subject to NOS options).
- VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling support in hardware for network virtualization.
- Rack mountable in standard 19" racks. Mountable in 21" Open Rack with the Open Rack Switch Adapter.
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs, fan modules on rear.
- Hot-swappable, load sharing, redundant AC or -48 VDC PSUs. 12 VDC power input option.
- Hot swappable 4+1 redundant fan modules.
- Management: Ethernet and console RJ-45 ports; USB storage port.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with Switch Light OS from Big Switch Networks and Big Cloud Fabric™ SDN applications.
- Compatible with Cumulus® Linux® r3.0 and later version from Cumulus Networks®.
- Compatible with IP Infusion OcNOS.
- Compatible with PicOS™ version 2.8.0 from Pica8 Inc.
- Compatible with SnapRoute FlexSwitch software.
- Compatible with Ixia Vision Edge OS™ 4.7.5 and later version.