Part Number Description:
AS5912-54X, 48-Port 10G SFP+ with 6x100G QSFP28 uplinks, ONIE software installer, Broadcom Qumran 800Gbps with 8GB packet buffer, Intel Atom C2538 CPU, PHY-Less/Re-timer-Less, dual AC 650W PSUs and 5 Type D Fan Modules , 2 front rack mounting ears included, 3-year Hardware Warranty
The Edgecore AS5912-54X switch meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of cloud data centers and carrier access providers. The AS5912-54X provides switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10 GbE ports and 6 x 100 G uplinks. The switch can be deployed either as a Top-of-Rack switch, as part of a 100 GbE or 40 GbE distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-Clos data center fabric, or as a carrier access switch. The switch is rack mountable in a standard 19 inch rack. The AS5912-54X hardware provides high-availability features, including; redundant, hot-swappable AC or -48 VDC PSUs; fans with 5+1 redundant fan modules; and port-to-power or power-to-port airﬂow options.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center and carrier access.
- 48 x SFP+ switch ports, supporting 10 GbE (DAC, AOC, 10GBASE-SR/LR) or 1 GbE (1000BASE-T/SX/LX).
- 6 x 100G QSFP28 ports at front
- Rack mountable in standard 19" racks.
- Hot-swappable, load sharing, redundant AC or -48 VDC PSUs.
- Hot swappable 5+1 redundant fan modules.
- Management: Ethernet and console RJ-45 ports.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commercial NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with OcNOS from IP Infusion.
- Compatible with CNOS from Infinera.
Supported Optics and Cables
- SFP+ Ports:
- 10GBASE-CR DAC: up to 3 m passive; up to 10 m active
- 10GBASE-SRL/SR: up to 100/300 m over OM3 MMF
- 10GBASE-LR: Up to 10 km over SMF
- 10GBASE-ER: Up to 40 km over SMF
- 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX, 100/1000BASE-T
- QSFP+ Ports:
- 40GBASE-CR4 DAC; up to 3 m passive; up to 10 m active
- 40GBASE-CR4 DAC to 4 x SFP+ 10GBASE-CR DAC; up to 3 m passive; up to 10 m active
- 40GBASE-SR4: Up to 100 m over OM3 MMF, 150 m over OM4 MMF
- 40GBASE-LR4: Up to 10 km over SMF
- 100GBASE-SR4: 100 Gbps short reach transceiver
- 100GBASE-LR4: 100 Gbps long reach transceiver
- QSFP28 AOC Cable: 100 Gbps to 100 Gbps AOC cable with upto30 M 100G
- QSFP28 DAC Cable: 100GBASE-CR4 100 Gbps to 100Gbps Twinax DAC Cable