Open RAN refers to a Radio Access Network (RAN) which is open, intelligent,and deployed on a virtualized platform with high flexibility. Open RAN isabout disaggregating hardware from software: open hardware and softwareusing standard processors with open interfaces.
Key OpenRAN tenets include:
- Disaggregation of RAN HW & SW on vendor neutral, GPP-based platforms
- Open Interfaces – Implementations using open interface specifications between components (e.g. RU/CU/DU/RIC) with vendor neutral hardware and software.
- Multiple Architecture Options, including
- An all integrated RAN with disaggregation at SW and HW level
- A split RAN with RU, BBU (DU/CU)
- A split RAN with RU, DU and CU
- A split RAN with integrated RU/DU, CU
- Flexibility – Multi vendor solutions enabling a diverse ecosystem for the operators to choose best-of-breed options for their 2G/3G/4G and 5G deployments
- Solutions implemented on either Bare Metal or Virtualized or Containerized Platforms
- Innovation via Adoption of New Technologies (AI/ML, CI/CD…)
- Supply Chain Diversity
Integrated Open RAN solution
We take a strategic approach to helping our customers Select, Source, and Deploy Open RAN solutions. We collaborate with Open Networking/Whitebox leaders to create a high-performance, containerized-based 5G Open RAN solution with flexible deployment options for various industries. The cost-effective, fully disaggregated OpenRAN solution includes Lanner’s Open RAN appliance and Radisys’ Open RANSoftware, delivering secure, real-time communication for enabling low-latency services for mission-critical applications. backed by trusted expertise, outstanding service and end-to-end support.
Lanner DU/CU Server ECA-4027/ECA-5540
Specifically designed for distributed/centralized RAN deployments and enables operators to enable multi-access edge computing and services with ease. Featuring short depth chassis, front access IO design, the ECA-5540 is powered by the latest 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processor, codenamed Sapphire Rapids SP/EE, equipped with Intel vRAN boost (Sapphire Rapids EE) for improved virtualization performance and power efficiency. It also supports max. 1024GB DDR5 memory, OCP 3.0 NIC module, dual PCIe expansion, secure BMC/TPM 2.0, allowing operators to build secure, high-speed connections between baseband units and remote radio units.
Radisys RAN Software
Radisys Connect 5G software suite, based on a modular approach to Open RAN,expands the possibilities for building networks that deliver the high capacity,massive connectivity, and ultra-low latency required for 5G services.
5G NR Software Architecture
MULTIPLE OPERATIONAL MODES
DISAGGREGATION AND RAN SPLITS
There are no products listed under this category.