Part Number Description:
AS5916-54XKS with external TCAM, 48-Port 10G SFP+ with 6x100G QSFP28 uplinks, ONIE software installer, Broadcom Qumran 800Gbps with 8GB packet buffer, Intel Xeon® Processor D-1518, 2 front rack mounting ears included, 3-year Hardware Warranty
The Edgecore AS5916-54XKS switch meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of cloud data centers and carrier access providers. The AS5916-54XKS provides switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10 GbE ports and 6 x 100 GbE uplinks. The switch can be deployed either as a Top-of-Rack switch, as part of a 100 GbE or 40 GbE distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-Clos data center fabric, or as a carrier access switch. The switch is rack mountable in either a standard 19-inch rack, or with an Open Rack Switch Adapter in a 21-inch Open Rack. The AS5916-54XKS hardware provides high-availability features, including; redundant, hot-swappable AC or -48 VDC PSUs, or 12 VDC power input; fans with 5+1 redundant fan modules; and port-to-power or power-to-port airflow options.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center and carrier access.
- 48 x SFP+ switch ports, supporting 10 GbE (DAC, AOC, 10GBASE-SR/LR) or 1 GbE (1000BASE-T/SX/LX).
- 6 x 100G QSFP28 ports at front.
- Expandable packet buffering for carrier access.
- Extended TCAM entries for carrier access.
- Rack mountable in standard 19" racks. Mountable in 21" Open Rack with the Open Rack Switch Adapter.
- Hot-swappable, load sharing, redundant AC or -48 VDC PSUs. 12 VDC power input option.
- Hot swappable 5+1 redundant fan modules.
- Management: Ethernet and console RJ-45 ports; USB storage port.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible
- open source and commercial NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with Cisco IOS-XR software
- Compatible with IPInfusion OcNOS software.