Part Number Description:
48-Port 10G BaseT-Copper with 6x40G QSFP uplinks, ONIE software installer, Trident II+ with Intel Atom CPU, dual AC PSUs, N. America, 3-year Hardware Warranty
The Edgecore AS5812-54T switch meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of enterprise and cloud data centers. The AS5812-54T provides full line-rate switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10GbE ports and 6 x 40GbE uplinks. The switch can be deployed either as a Top-of-Rack switch, or as part of a 10GbE or 40GbE distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-CLOS data center fabric. The switch is rack mountable in either a standard 19 inch rack, or with the Open Rack Switch Adapter in the 21 inch Open Rack.
The AS5812-54T hardware provides the high-availability features required for data center operation, including; redundant, hot-swappable AC power input, 4+1 redundant fan modules, and port-to-power or power-to-port airflow options. The AS5812-54T is an ideal Top-of-Rack switch for virtualized data centers, with its support of VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling functions in hardware, leveraging existing Cat 5e/Cat 6/Cat 6A/Cat 7 cabling infrastructure that saves further investment.
Key Features and Benefits
- 48 x RJ-45 Copper, supporting 10GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Ethernet on Cat 6, Cat 6 A and Cat 7 twisted-pair cable.
- 6 x 40 QSFP switch ports, each supporting 40GbE (DAC, 40GBASE-SR4/LR4) or 4 x 10GbE (DAC or fiber breakout cable).
- Hot-swappable, load sharing, redundant AC PSUs power input option.
- VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling support in hardware for network virtualization.
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs, fan tray on rear.
- Hot swappable 4+1 redundant fan modules.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible NOS software. Compatible with Open Network Linux, the open-source, OCP-approved reference NOS.