AS6712-32X is a 32-Port 40G QSFP+ switch with ONIE software installer. AS6712-32X embedded Broadcom Trident II 1.28Tbps and Intel Atom C2538 CPU as well as dual 110-230VAC 400W PSUs included and port-to-power airflow. AS6712-32X is 3-year Hardware Warranty.
The Edgecore AS6712-32X is a Top-Rack or spine switch for high-performance data centers. In a compact 1RU form factor, the switch provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across 32 x QSFP+ ports, supporting 32 x 40 GbE connections or 96 x 10 GbE + 8 x 40G connections. The AS6712-32X can be deployed as a TOR switch supporting 10 GbE or 40 GbE server connections, or as a spine switch supporting 10 GbE or 40 GbE spine interconnects. The AS6712-32X is a bare-metal switch loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation ofcompatible open source and commercial Network Operating Systems for different network use cases and requirements.
Key Features and Benefits
Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center fabric.
- 32 fixed x 40GbE QSFP+ switch ports in compact 1RU form factor, each supporting 40 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE via breakout cables. Maximum 24 x 40GbE QSFP+ switch ports support breakout cables.
- Layer 2 or Layer 3 forwarding of 2.56 Tbps full duplex.
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front. PSUs and fans inserted from rear.
- Hot swappable, load-sharing redudundant AC PSUs.
- 4+1 redundant, hot-swappable fans modules.
- Energy Efficiency: 227 W typical power consumption under line rate traffic using 24 x passive QSFP DAC, 8 x 40GBASE-SR4.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), an open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with Cumulus® Linux® r2.5.3 and later version from Cumulus Networks®.
- Compatible with PicOS™ r2.6.4 and later version from Pica8 Inc.
- Compatible with Switch Light OS from Big Switch Networks and their Big Monitoring Fabric™ and Big Cloud Fabric™ SDN applications.
- Compatible with Pluribus Netvisor ® OS (ONVL) version 2.5 and later from Pluribus Networks.