400G-PLR4 or 4x100G QSFP-DD transceiver, up to 10km over parallel single mode fiber (SMF). The 400G-PLR4 can break out to 4 x 100G, and interop with 4 x 100G-LR1 QSFP28. Parallel SMF MPO-12 Angled Connector (APC)
- QSFP-DD MSA compliant
- Parallel 4 Optical Lanes
- Aggregate data rate of 103.125 Gbit/s
- Optical Interface: Compliant to 53.125 GBd PAM4, 4 x 100GBASE-LR1, each lane
- Electrical Interface: Compliant to 26.5625 GBd PAM4, 400GAUI-8 (Aggregation mode) and 4x100GAUI-2 (Breakout mode)
- Reach: Up to 10 km over MPO-12 single mode fiber
- Form Factor: Compliant to QSFP-DD MSA hardware specification
- Optical Transmitter: 1310 nm EA-DFB
- Optical Receiver: PIN photodetector
- Power consumption: 12 W max
- Operating case temperature: 0 to 70 deg C
- Environment: RoHS10 (2011/65/EU + 2015/863) compliant
A cost optimized solution for up to 10km. Customers can use it for 400G to 400G connectivity as well as breakout 400G to 4x100G connectivity. Breakout option is often used for Leaf to ToR, in conjunction with 100G LR1 (100G LR1 is a new single lambda QSFP28 optics module used to plug into legacy 100G switches with NRZ electrical signals).
The 400G-DR4 / XDR4 / PLR4 modules use a single row, angled (APC) MPO12 connector for use with parallel single mode fiber. Although a MPO12 cable can have up to 12 SMF fibers, only 8 out of the 12 fibers are used (4 for Tx and 4 for Rx). This is the same connector that is used on existing 100G and 40G QSFPs that use parallel SMF (e.g. 100G-PSM4, 40GPLR4 etc). An image, and drawing of an MPO12 connector are shown below.
EN-MTP8F-SM-FF-xxM is singlemode patch cable required for direct connectivity between QDD-XDR4.
EN-MTP4LCxxSM is a Singlemode MTP to 4 Duplex LC breakout cable is required to connect to 4 x QSFP-100G-LR1s (EN-QSFP28-LR1) or to a single 400G-PLR4