The Edgecore AS7816-64X is a Top-of-Rack (TOR) or spine switch for high-performance data centers. The switch provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across the 64 x QSFP28 ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE or 1x 40 GbE, or via breakout cables 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE. The AS7816-64X can be deployed as a TOR switch supporting 10/25 GbE to servers with 40/100 GbE uplinks, or as a spine switch supporting 40/100 GbE spine interconnects. This open network switch is loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation of compatible Network Operating System software, including the open source options Open Network Linux and SONiC, plus commercial NOS offerings.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cost-effective, open network switch for data center fabric.
- 64 x QSFP28 switch ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE or 1 x 40 GbE, or via breakout cables 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE.
- Incorporates Broadcom StrataXGS Tomahawk II switch series silicon for non-blocking line rate performance.
- High performance Intel Xeon D-1518 CPU with optional BMC.
- 2 RU form factor.
- Supports hot/cold aisles with front-to-back and back-to-front airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs and fans accessible from rear.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant 850 W PSUs.
- 3+1 redundant, hot-swappable fan modules.
- Bare-metal hardware switch pre-loaded with diagnostics software and with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with SONiC open source network software.
- Supports the Redfish management API, now a requirement of the Open Compute Project.
- Compatible with Cisco IOS-XR software.
- Compatible with SnapRoute CN-NOS, Cloud Native - NOS, software.
- Compatible with Juniper Junos software.
Part Number Description:
7816-64X-O-AC-B-US: 64-Port 100G QSFP28 switch, ONIE software installer, Broadcom Tomahawk II 6.4Tbps, Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1518, dual 110-230VAC 650W PSUs and 4 Fan Modules with power-to-port airflow, rack mount kit (front and back) included, 3-year Hardware Warranty
7816-64X-O-AC-B-JN-US Juniper SKU has the port count starts with Zero